I am seeing some issues around un-read messages, where notifications are received but un-read messages are either not highlighted or even not visible on iOS or in the Browser.
Steps to reproduce:
I’ve been un-successful in trying to reproduce the errors. I can’t see any errors or events in the Mattermost or Nginix logs from around the times the issues occured.
Without being able to reproduce the issues, I’m looking for some guidance on what further steps I should take on troubleshooting.
Most users have Mobile notifications on iOS set to “For all activity” and “Online, away or offline” and thus users aren’t using @ calls in this environment.
Description of issues:
- A user receives an iOS notification for a new message but no unread messages are shown in the UI on iOS and Desktop Browser. User needs to open every channel to find the new message.
- A user is invited to a new direct message channel. The receive an iOS notifications but the new channel is not viewable either on iOS or the Desktop. Confirmed on multiple desktops.
- User A send User B a direct message in an existing channel.
- User B receives a notification on iOS but the message is not displayed either on iOS or the Desktop.
- User B replies to User A in the same channel.
- User A replies that the message in the channel but User B cannot see it.
- The message is present in the database.
Single Host Centos 7
Mattermost Team Edition 4.7.3
5.6.39 MySQL Community Server