Trying to log in via an alternate server name produces a page showing “Invalid State”.
Steps to reproduce
- Mattermost 4.1.0, with auth delegated to gitlab enterprise.
- Server is reachable by two aliases,
mattermost.my.internal.domain. Nginx listens on both server names and the certificate is signed for both names.
- Gitlab application lists callbacks for both server names (e.g.
- Logging in via
mattermostworks as expected.
- Navigate to
mattermost.my.internal.domainand try to log in.
Logging in works via either server alias.
When trying to log in via the second alias:
- the gitlab login button is shown (URL is
- clicking the button leads to the page
https://mattermost/error?message=Invalid%20statewhich shows the message “Invalid state”