On July 16, 2017, we released API version 4, offering:
- Fully documented API endpoints at api.mattermost.com
- More in-depth access to server functionality
- Wider use of established HTTP verbs
- Consistent endpoint structures
- A new and improved Go driver
Back then we also announced that API version 3 will be deprecated on January 16, 2018. This date is now approaching soon, and we strongly recommend migrating your integrations to API version 4. Find tips on migrating from API v3 to v4 here.
The major changes include:
- Endpoint URLs only require team IDs when necessary - for example, getting a channel by ID does not require a team ID in API v4.
- Collection endpoints now generally return lists and include paging as part of the query string.
- User ID is now included in most user endpoints to allow admins to use these endpoints to modify other users.
If you have any feedback, let us know in the comments below.