Happy to elaborate.
So the issue here is that the zoom api does store emails with upper and lower case mixed or keeps their casing as it’s being received by the login provider.
Say your email is:
Mattermost stores this as all lower-case, a lot of software does.
So it looks like this:
Unfortunately this causes issues when the Zoom API is comparing the email address they store vs. the one they get from Mattermost because
First.Last@Company-Name.tld is not the same as
As for instructions you really just have to follow the steps in the second link I posted. You have to fill out all the fields for OAuth authentication. I’m currently looking through them to see if there’s a way to make them more clear.
But for now you only need to do the following steps (taken from the docs):
To generate an API Key and API Secret requires a Pro, Business, Education, or API Zoom plan.
- Set the OAuth ClientID and OAuth Secret, generated by Zoom and used to create meetings and pull user data:
- Go to https://marketplace.zoom.us/ and log in.
- In the top left click on Develop and then Build App.
- Select OAuth in Choose your app type section.
- Enter a name for your app and disable Intend to publish this app on Zoom Marketplace.
- Choose Account-level app as the app type.
- Click Create.
- Enter the Company Name and Developer Contact Information for your app.
- Go to the App Credentials tab on the left. Here you’ll find your Client ID and Client Secret.
- Enter a Valid Redirect URL for OAuth (
https://<SiteUrl>/plugins/zoom/oauth2/complete) and add the same url under Whitelist URL.
SiteUrl should be your mattermost server url
- Add following scopes “user:read”, “meeting:write”, “webinar:write”, “recording:write”
- Paste the Client ID and Client Secret into the fields in the System Console, and hit Save.
- Generate an Encryption Key to save the encryped tokens.
Filling out the API Key and API Secret fields should not be necessary.