Mattermost Peer-to-Peer Forum

Where do I find a list of mattermost plugins?

There’s a list of integrations, but no list of plugins I can find. Surely there must be a list of available plugins somewhere? Google isn’t being helpful…

Hi @Routhinator,

Great question, here are some lists of plugins we have - some created by us and many others created by community members:

you guys should create a plugin market where users can browser and download/install plugins.

Have the dev details and so on.

@RbDev Here’s a snapshot of what we’re working with regards to a plugins marketplace :slight_smile:

:+1: … … (why post minim 20 chars)

This is a very useful information for me. Thanks!

So I’ve tried some of these plugins - and I see a universal problem that I can’t seem to solve (and can’t find any references in any forum).

On the dice roller one I get this error message in the log:
{“level”:“error”,“ts”:1552603548.0702062,“caller”:“log/log.go:289”,“msg”:“error fetching remote image: Get /icon.png#0x0: Get /icon.png: address forbidden, you may need to set AllowedUntrustedInternalConnections to allow an integration access to your internal network”,“source”:“stdlog”}

While I do find the icon.png in the plugin directory - I have no idea how to tell my nginx reverse proxy how to find that file despite numerous attempts.

Suggestions? (had a similar issue with the meme generator on the test page - I’ve turned on the AllowedUntrustedInternalConnections and it didn’t do anything)

Hi @wmq,

A response from a community member:

The file in question should be in mattermost/plugins/com.github.moussetc.mattermost.plugin.diceroller . (And, they believe that no nginx configuration change should be required.)

Here’s what nginx says about the query for the icon.png (which is located in the proper place in the plugin directory):

me/61.0.3163.100 Electron/2.0.12 Safari/537.36" “-” “[removed IP]:8065” “200”
10.232.253.64 - - [15/Mar/2019:17:36:59 -0500] “GET /api/v4/image?url=%2Fplugins%2Fcom.github.moussetc.mattermost.plugin.diceroller%2Ficon.png HTTP/1.1” -> 500 <- NOT FOUND REPORT FROM MATTERMOST SERVER 260 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mattermost/4.2.0 Chrome/61.0.3163.100 Electron/2.0.12 Safari/537.36” “-” “[Removed IP]:8065” “500”

Mattermost log shows:
{“level”:“error”,“ts”:1552689411.2189186,“caller”:“log/log.go:289”,“msg”:“error fetching remote image: Get https://[removed IP]/icon.png#0x0: Get https://[removed IP]/icon.png: address forbidden, you may need to set AllowedUntrustedInternalConnections to allow an integration access to your internal network”,“source”:“stdlog”}

Mattermost config section:
“EnableInsecureOutgoingConnections”: false,
“AllowedUntrustedInternalConnections”: “1”,
“EnableMultifactorAuthentication”: false,

(I had a “true” in there, the server upon load apparently converted it to “1”).

I get the same results with the meme maker - the mattermost server refuses to deliver the images.

Suggestions?

If I can get this to work adding plugins like this will be an easy matter, and creating them will be just as easy.

Hi @wmq,

What Mattermost version are you on? If it includes the image proxy: is the image proxy turned on? If so, could you please try to turn it off? (Also, re HTTP status codes: 500 is not 404.)

Ok - turning off the “local” image proxy made the image appear properly!

A different error showed up in the mattermost log, but the picture loaded:
{“level”:“warn”,“ts”:1552911463.354878,“caller”:“app/post_metadata.go:204”,“msg”:“Failed to get dimensions of an image in a post”,“post_id”:“6oseaisxwfgdxbs1ecx4x9b3ra”,“image_url”:"/plugins/com.github.moussetc.mattermost.plugin.diceroller/icon.png",“err”:“Get https://[redacted ip]/plugins/com.github.moussetc.mattermost.plugin.diceroller/icon.png: address forbidden, you may need to set AllowedUntrustedInternalConnections to allow an integration access to your internal network”}

Hi @wmq,

Also wanted to mention that we made some fixes around image proxy in 5.8.1 and 5.9 releases - see more details in important upgrade notes: https://docs.mattermost.com/administration/important-upgrade-notes.html.