We're having trouble connecting to Mattermost. If refreshing this page (Ctrl+R or Command+R) does not work, please verify that your computer is connected to the internet

Hi,

We’re having trouble connecting to Mattermost. If refreshing this page (Ctrl+R or Command+R) does not work, please verify that your computer is connected to the internet.

The above issue is coming in AWS Ubuntu 18.

I tried to install 5.24 and 5.23 versions but both are getting the above error…

I have setup the mattermost and Mysql as per the below documentation link…

https://docs.mattermost.com/install/install-ubuntu-1804.html#installing-ubuntu-server-18-04-lts

Can anyone help on this??

Can you help check if this troubleshooting guide might help https://docs.mattermost.com/install/troubleshooting.html#cannot-connect-to-the-server-please-check-your-server-url-and-internet-connection?

Not able to find the solution from the docs… Tried by disabling the firewall… still getting the same problem…

I am doing in AWS.

1. 2 Ubuntu Machines (1 Public and 1Private)
  2. Can connect the Private EC2 thru Public EC2
  3. Mattermost installed in Public EC2 and MySQL in Private EC2
  4. Updated the Config.json with the private IP:3306
  5. The mattermost server is able to connect to the mysql and able to listen to the port 8065
  6. When run the curl for localhost:8065… I am getting the error as “We’re having trouble connecting to Mattermost. If refreshing this page (Ctrl+R or Command+R) does not work, please verify that your computer is connected to the internet.”

it is solved… There was a security group entry needed in AWS…

Hi, @maheshjasti0208

Glad to know that the issue was resolved on your end. Would you mind sharing a bit more detail on the security group you configured on AWS that allows you to connect properly?

Also, which documentation that you referred to when you were configuring the security group entry? Thanks.

Hey can you please elaborate on the solution, even i am using AWS ubuntu instances and getting the same error.

Hi
Myself is installing the Mattermost Server in Offline environment over Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and the Mattermost Version is 5.73. I am getting the same error of “Please verify that your computer is connected to the internet”.

I am unable to connect the system with the Internet.

A resolution/toubleshooting of the above mentioned error is requested.