Users can kick other users off a channel

I set up info channels for all teams in our company (Info IT, Info Marketing etc) under a main team where everybody is in.
All company team members are members of their own channel, others can come, ask questions and leave again. Teams can put informative text into their own channel for others to read.
This seemed to be as perfect as it can be for our needs… until I found out that even in the enterprise version every member of a channel can kick out everyone else, even system administrators, without any warning!? I have resticted everything to system administrator, but there is no option for this case.
How can I restrict that very strange possibility?

Is there any other way to contact a team via Mattermost if you dont know who belongs to that team? Can I create read-only channels? Both seem to be common tasks in a company.

Hi @VincentVegas,

Thanks for your feedback,

You don’t mention which server version of Mattermost you have installed? v4.9 released today (April 16th) and, in the Enterprise edition, you can set specific permissions from System Console > Settings > Policy

Let us know how it goes after you’ve upgraded.

Thanks!

Hi Lindy,

I updated to the latest version, problem still exists. There is no setting for this.

it.support is a standard user in an open channel.
Why does he see options to manage members?

grafik

And why is he able to remove members?

grafik

Regards
Thomas

Thanks for the feedback @VincentVegas,

Are you using the Enterprise or Team edition of Mattermost?

There is a setting “Enable managing of private channel members” but that’s obviously not meant for open channels.

We use the trial license at the moment if that is of any importance.
Does noboby else have these options in an open channel menu?

Regards
Thomas