"Upgrade" from Enterprise to Team?

Hey everyone,

I set up an instance of Mattermost a long time ago as testing for replacing a chat system. It was a dead project for a while, but then came back a year later and decided to go with it.

So since it’s been a while, I was thinking I was on the Team Edition. As we’ve been using it for a few months now, without having any sort of subscription, I thought that was a case. In the mattermost client, if I select ‘About Mattermost’, It shows I’ve installed the Enterprise edition.

I’m trying to upgrade from v4.3.2 up to 4.8, but I’m not sure which direction I should be going here. I don’t seem to have any of the Enterprise features, and I don’t plan to use them, but I’m not sure if going with the Team edition upgrade will break my current install or not.

What is my best course of action here?

Results from ‘./platform version’
Version: 4.3.0
Build Number: 4.3.2
Build Date: Fri Nov 10 18:13:15 UTC 2017
Build Hash: 4bc4ae160fe7333acb7cd4dc305ff9de4bd7a12e
Build Enterprise Ready: true
DB Version: 4.3.0

Hi there,

The only difference between Team and Enterprise edition is if you configure the license file location in the config, which enables those enterprise features.

Make sure you backup your installation using the instructions here before you upgrade using the instructions here and you should be good to go.

Let me know if you need any more help.

1 Like

Note thise instructions have something missing. for a clean backup you need to stop MM.