Upgrade from 5.6.2 Enterprise Ed. --> Team Edition 5.10.0

Hi,

I’m taking over as admin of a license-less Enterprise Edition MM instance with upwards of 6k members, 2/3rds of which are active. There are 80 Teams on this instance. User base expected to grow to 10k within a couple of months. Database is MySQL.

I’d like to move from the proprietary edition to something that I can audit, while reassuring members that we’re working on a Free and Open Source base.

• Can I expect any trouble with this upgrade path?
  • Will there be any limitations in scalability with the Team edition (server load is minimal as is)?
  • Can I expect a difference in system load/performance?
  • What meaningful differences might members expect (including team and channel admins)?

Much thanks in advance for your guidance on this! A little nervous, I must say!

Cheers,

RemoteHost

As long as you have not uploaded a license key the functionality of the enterprise edition is identical to the free team edition (which was also stated by a Mattermost employee in Team Edition vs Enterprise).

Personally I would not expect mayor issues when going from 5.6 to 5.10.

Adding to what fbartels said, please make sure to read the Important Upgrade Notes: https://docs.mattermost.com/administration/important-upgrade-notes.html.

Thanks a lot all! We’re really enjoying the platform. Looking forward to making the upgrade in a couple of days.