In my testing environment, I have mattermost v4.9 installed, configured SSL using this method (NGINX not installed):
Configure TLS on the Mattermost Server:
- In the System Console > General > Configuration.
- Change the Listen Address setting to
- Change the Connection Security setting to
- Change the Forward port 80 to 443 setting to
- Activate the
CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE capability to allow Mattermost to bind to low ports.
- Open a terminal window and change to the Mattermost
- Run the following command:
sudo setcap cap_net_bind_service=+ep ./platform
- Install the security certificate. You can use Let’s Encrypt to automatically install and setup the certificate, or you can specify your own certificate.
To use a Let’s Encrypt certificate:
The certificate is retrieved the first time that a client tries to connect to the Mattermost server. Certificates are retrieved for any hostname a client tries to reach the server at.
- Change the Use Let’s Encrypt setting to
- Restart the Mattermost server for these changes to take effect.
Now the SSL is working, I can login to mattermost using Android app, but I’ve no idea on how to renew the SSL now. Hereby attached the config.json of my mattermost setup.
Please advise, thank you.