[SOLVED] Mattermost start problem

Hello!

On the server we installed the docker. The docker compose file came from here: https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-docker Isn't a config/config.json so i created one and copy the content from here: https://github.com/mattermost/platform/tree/master/config and add premmissions for this. After that i checked a postgresql database. Verified the connect with the user, it's ok.

with docker-compose up i get this:

mattermost_db_1   | AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID is required for Wal-E but not set. Skipping Wal-E setup.
mattermost_app_1  | Using config file /mattermost/config/config.json
mattermost_app_1  | Configure database connection...SKIP
mattermost_app_1  | Wait until database db:5432 is ready...
mattermost_app_1  | nc: getaddrinfo: Name or service not known
mattermost_web_1  | linking plain config
mattermost_web_1  | ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/nginx/conf.d/mattermost.conf': File exists
mattermost_web_1  | 2017/06/16 13:31:07 [emerg] 10#10: host not found in upstream "app" in /etc/nginx/conf.d/mattermost.conf:21
mattermost_web_1  | nginx: [emerg] host not found in upstream "app" in /etc/nginx/conf.d/mattermost.conf:21
mattermost_db_1   | LOG:  database system was shut down at 2017-06-16 12:45:41 CEST
mattermost_db_1   | LOG:  MultiXact member wraparound protections are now enabled
mattermost_db_1   | LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
mattermost_db_1   | LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
mattermost_mattermost_web_1 exited with code 1
mattermost_web_1  | 2017/06/15 11:30:51 [emerg] 8#8: host not found in upstream "app" in /etc/nginx/conf.d/mattermost.conf:21
mattermost_web_1  | nginx: [emerg] host not found in upstream "app" in /etc/nginx/conf.d/mattermost.conf:21
mattermost_web_1  | ln: failed to create symbolic link '/etc/nginx/conf.d/mattermost.conf': File exists
mattermost_web_1  | 2017/06/15 11:30:52 [emerg] 8#8: host not found in upstream "app" in /etc/nginx/conf.d/mattermost.conf:21
mattermost_web_1  | 2017/06/15 11:30:51 [emerg] 8#8: host not found in upstream "app" in /etc/nginx/conf.d/mattermost.conf:21
mattermost_web_1  | 2017/06/15 11:30:52 [emerg] 8#8: host not found in upstream "app" in /etc/nginx/conf.d/mattermost.conf:21
mattermost_web_1  | 2017/06/16 13:31:11 [emerg] 8#8: host not found in upstream "app" in /etc/nginx/conf.d/mattermost.conf:21

Docker ps show this:

mattermost/mattermost-prod-web                   "/bin/sh -c /docker-e"   26 hours ago        Restarting (1) 7 seconds ago   0.0.0.0:81->80/tcp, 0.0.0.0:444->443/tcp   mattermost_mattermost_web_1
5b0c92c80cd3        mattermost/mattermost-prod-app                   "/docker-entry.sh pla"   26 hours ago        Up 24 seconds                  80/tcp                                     mattermost_mattermost_app_1
21bcbb5d9761        mattermost/mattermost-prod-db                    "/docker-entrypoint1."   12 days ago         Up 24 seconds                  5432/tcp                                   mattermost_mattermost_db_1
ad1eb0cfe67c        gitlab/gitlab-runner:latest                      "/usr/bin/dumb-init /"   4 months ago        Up 4 months  

I tried to check it with curl:

/mattermost/bin# curl -i http://localhost:81
curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 81: Connection refused

So about this is the situation. What is the problem or where i need to search anything what can help me??
Thanks all answer!!

Hi @Cadabre,

Thank you for your feedback,

Could you confirm that you set up the server following this install guide?

Here is the troubleshooting guide for help with error troubleshooting. Also, you can check out the developer’s guide for further assistance.

Let us know if this information helps solve your issue.

We are trying to fix this issue on Github.
Thanks for your log information, I think that there is an issue with the link between your containers.

(btw @lindy65 in case of Docker issues, feel free to mention me :slight_smile: )

Thanks @pichouk! I’ll mention you in future :slight_smile: