[SOLVED] Isolation between teams

When hosting several teams, I discovered that (at least by default) users in different teams can see users from other teams.

I didn’t find any relevant setting in the docs, so I imagine it would be a new feature: letting the admin configure whether or not team isolation is activated.

Thanks.

Hi @arkanovicz,

Could you clarify a little about what you mean when you say “can see users from other teams”?

If you are referring to direct and group messages, these are identical across teams running on the same server.

That’s what I meant, yes. It means that I cannot host several projects on a gitlab+mattermost server if I don’t want people from one project to interact with people from another one. Is it structurally unavoidable?

Hi @arkanovicz,

Thanks for clarifying,

You’d have to have the people from different projects on different servers if you do not want them to be able to interact via direct message.

isn’t that what https://docs.mattermost.com/administration/config-settings.html#enable-users-to-open-direct-message-channels-with is about?

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was looking for. And it works perfectly. Shouldn’t the default be “team”? Thanks, anyway.