[Solved] Fresh Checkout & Empty ~/go Fails `make test`

An attempt to build from a fresh checkout (and empty ~/go) gives the following error:

10:57:48 Sin:~/git/mattermost ranger$ make test
Starting docker containers
/Users/ranger/opt/go/bin/godep go test  -run=. -test.v -test.timeout=180s ./api || exit 1
../../opt/go/src/github.com/mattermost/platform/model/utils.go:8:2: cannot find package "code.google.com/p/go-uuid/uuid" in any of:
    /usr/local/Cellar/go/1.6/libexec/src/code.google.com/p/go-uuid/uuid (from $GOROOT)
    /Users/ranger/git/mattermost/Godeps/_workspace/src/code.google.com/p/go-uuid/uuid (from $GOPATH)
    /Users/ranger/opt/go/src/code.google.com/p/go-uuid/uuid
../../opt/go/src/github.com/mattermost/platform/model/user.go:7:2: cannot find package "code.google.com/p/go.crypto/bcrypt" in any of:
    /usr/local/Cellar/go/1.6/libexec/src/code.google.com/p/go.crypto/bcrypt (from $GOROOT)
    /Users/ranger/git/mattermost/Godeps/_workspace/src/code.google.com/p/go.crypto/bcrypt (from $GOPATH)
    /Users/ranger/opt/go/src/code.google.com/p/go.crypto/bcrypt
../../opt/go/src/github.com/mattermost/platform/model/client.go:8:2: cannot find package "code.google.com/p/log4go" in any of:
    /usr/local/Cellar/go/1.6/libexec/src/code.google.com/p/log4go (from $GOROOT)
    /Users/ranger/git/mattermost/Godeps/_workspace/src/code.google.com/p/log4go (from $GOPATH)
    /Users/ranger/opt/go/src/code.google.com/p/log4go
api/user.go:15:2: cannot find package "github.com/mattermost/platform/einterfaces" in any of:
    /usr/local/Cellar/go/1.6/libexec/src/github.com/mattermost/platform/einterfaces (from $GOROOT)
    /Users/ranger/git/mattermost/Godeps/_workspace/src/github.com/mattermost/platform/einterfaces (from $GOPATH)
    /Users/ranger/opt/go/src/github.com/mattermost/platform/einterfaces
godep: go exit status 1

Any ideas on how to fix?

aha! turns out that my ~/go being missing is irrelevant, I had go in ~/opt/go :confounded:

Cleaning everything out seems to have fixed the build for me.

Hi @RangerRick; could you elaborate on what steps you took to resolve this? I’m facing the same error, but have a different local machine setup. Perhaps if I understand the crux of the issue you identified, that would help troubleshoot.

Thanks!