I have "Mattermost Dark" theme enabled and sometimes the style looks quite broken and unreadable.
Details on GitHub: https://github.com/mattermost/platform/issues/5741
Steps to reproduce
I found no way to consistently reproduce this.
- GitLab Mattermost
3.9.0 and before
- let Mattermost running for some days/weeks
Things should look as usual:
- cloud.githubusercontent. com/assets/5571650/23833185/6ddce7f0-0742-11e7-8c2a-11ff7c996e29.png
- cloud.githubusercontent. com/assets/5571650/26512076/177b8980-4265-11e7-8295-05886f9efad7.png
- cloud.githubusercontent. com/assets/5571650/26512097/40080220-4265-11e7-955a-8fe8016a97dc.png
This error message appears in firefox developer console just after reloading the tab on a page with dark theme (not
/<team>/integrations/) when the issue currently exists:
Unhandled promise rejection DOMException [SyntaxError: "An invalid or illegal string was specified"
location: https://mattermost.xxx.xx/static/main.40a3b202d702380c27ea.js:5] main.40a3b202d702380c27ea.js:45:13986
- It may be caused by a long period of inactivity or by waking the computer from sleep, but it does not happen every time.
Things that does not fix the problem
- changing the channel
- Reloading the tab
- Logging out and in again
Things that does fix the problem temporary
- creating a new empty channel, opening it and reload the tab
- switch to the "Organization" theme and switch back to "Mattermost Dark". (The settings modal does not disappear after clicking on the
x.) Reload the tab.