[SOLVED] Can't save settings from system console (v.3.0.1)


#1

I just up upgraded to Mattermost 3.0.1, and everything is running apart from two things:

  1. Mattermost doesn’t pick up the old profile pictures (even though the folders are there). Reuploading them fixes this.
  2. When I try to save settings in the system console I just get the error We received an unexpected status code from the server. (500). The config.json file (like everything else in the mattermost folder) is owned by mattermost:mattermost. So I don’t think it’s a file permission problem.

Any ideas?


#2

I’m having the same issue saving changes in the system console.

I fixed the profile picture issue by chown-ing the mattermost folder with the user account I run it under. Profile pics were still there but was getting access denied on the file in the browser. I am still missing some webhook profile pics though, but other shown up. I get a 404 on static/images/webhook_icon.jpg


#3

Just dealt with this right now. In my case the issue was I had nulls in part of the config file.

Specifically, I had to change the Ldap block from:

    "LdapSettings": {
        "Enable": false,
        "LdapServer": null,
        "LdapPort": 389,
        "BaseDN": null,
        "BindUsername": null,
        "BindPassword": null,
        "FirstNameAttribute": null,
        "LastNameAttribute": null,
        "EmailAttribute": null,
        "UsernameAttribute": null,
        "IdAttribute": null,
        "QueryTimeout": 60
}

to this:

    "LdapSettings": {
        "Enable": false,
        "LdapServer": "",
        "LdapPort": 389,
        "ConnectionSecurity": "",
        "BaseDN": "",
        "BindUsername": "",
        "BindPassword": "",
        "UserFilter": "",
        "FirstNameAttribute": "",
        "LastNameAttribute": "",
        "EmailAttribute": "",
        "UsernameAttribute": "",
        "NicknameAttribute": "",
        "IdAttribute": "",
        "SkipCertificateVerification": false,
        "QueryTimeout": 60,
        "LoginFieldName": ""
} 

For your profile images, you might want to check what value you have for FileSettings.Directory in your config.json, and the permissions on that folder.


#5

I’ve tried to change the LdapSettings as you suggested, but it doesn’t solve the problem on my side :cry:

I am on version 3.0.3


#6

Thanks, as you said, it was just a problem of chow-ing the config.json
In my case case the owner was root instead of current user