[SOLVED] Ability to preview PDF files in channels

Hi there,

We’re a journalist agency and share a lot of documents on MM, including PDF’s. Unfortunately, so far we have to download every file before having a quick look at it. Especially with PDF’s, it would be great to have a preview option to quickly glance over the content.

I know that MM is used a lot by coders and code-related communities, but for non-tech users this would be highly beneficial!

Thanks a lot,
Arjan

1 Like

Thanks @arjan for the feedback!

We have an existing Feature Idea forum post on the suggestion.

If you’d like, you may add your comments to the forum post, as well as upvote it - you get 10 votes in the feature idea forum, and each one influences the future of the project.

@arjan

Just wanted to let you know that this feature is now under review and is being tracked with this ticket: https://mattermost.atlassian.net/browse/PLT-3642

1 Like

Hey @lindy65, this is great news, thanks so much! A lot of people will be very happy to see it in action.

Hello @lindy65, quick question, do you know if the feature made it into the new 3.4 release? I’m having my fingers crossed, but did not read anything about it on the blog.

Thanks!

Hi @arjan

Yes! the PDF viewer is in v3.4 release. Let us know what you think about it!

Hi @lindy65, only replied in another channel but glad to do it twice: It works like a charm and is a perfect solution for us! Thanks a lot again to everyone involved.

@arjan

Glad you like it!