Prevent users from sending direct messages (DM)

I need to be able to prevent none admin users from sending direct messages to each other. There are setting that prevent users from creating private channels which is great but also need them to not be able to send direct messages to each other. The intention here is that all communication needs to be public to the group except for the admin.

I have seen a permission create_direct_channel which seems to only be available to on prem installs, is that correct?

Have also seen a plugin for this but again that seems to only be available to non cloud.

1 Like

Is there a way to add plugins to the mattermost cloud? This capability seems to be disabled now but the documentation suggests it was once supported.

Plugin I am attempting to install is GitHub - Brightscout/mattermost-plugin-disable-dm: A mattermost plugin to disable direct messages and group chats.

Have you been able to ascertain whether they are unavailable?

I agree, because being able to ensure that all communication is public is important.

Have not been able to find a solution to this.

1 Like

Hello, I’m also in need of this functionality given the sensitive infos in our company.

Did you eventually find a way to disable dms? The plugin isn’t supported and I really wish it gets updated

Hello

I am also needing this functionality.
Is there any solution to it ?