Possibility to change keyboard shortcuts

Please give us the possibility to change the keyboard shortcuts on mattermost. Since the recent updates, some members of my team and myself can no longer use the simple “@” or the “#” keys.

Indeed, with French or Belgian keyboards, symbols like the arobase or the hash are only available when making the combination CTRL + ALT + 1/2/3…, however, since some updates, by making this combination, it allows team switching.

The problem is that in order to use these symbols, it is necessary to constantly copy/paste on a notepad or browser to retrieve the symbol and post it in the message box of the chat channels.

It’s very restrictive and the number of errors when writing a message is very regular… No kidding, I didn’t realize that you could MUST use the @ ahah :smiley:

In my opinion, the idea would be to propose in a future update, an option to customize these combinations or an option to disable team switching through this combination …

Thanks to you! You’re doing a great job!

If you’re open to it, you could join our Community server’s UX channel and start a discussion there to provide a little more detail into this issue so that we can get a better understanding of the problem and come up with a solution to this, thanks!

1 Like

This seems like the type of thing that could be very useful to have automatically updated with the setting of the time zone/region of the server itself in the configuration if that makes sense