Mattermost Peer-to-Peer Forum

Missing Messages on iOS App

Hi all,

server: linux RHEL 7.5 64 bits
server mm: 5.4.0
ios: 12.0.1
ios mm: 1.13.1 build 151

I’m facing issue where the user gets a new message notification, he opens the app but that specific message doesn’t show up on the chat app.

It is happening from time to time.

To replicate, have mattermost opened on your iphone, lock the phone, ask for a friend to send a direct message, wait until the notification pops, click on the notification, it should open mattermost in the correct channel but the message will not show up leaving a gab on your messages.

This is very frustrating. I have many complains from users about this issue.

This kind of issue causes users to loose trust in Mattermost. Something we already discussed. Message and notification service should be working 100% by now. Other services can be improved in time.

Please have this issue set to high priority and sorted asap.

Hi @RbDev,

I’ll be testing this out and I’ll also ask the team to help test it out.

Hi @RbDev, I realized we still have this ticket open which will most likely fix the issue you’re seeing: https://mattermost.atlassian.net/browse/MM-11965.

I dont think we are talking about the same issue.

The issue in this post is about messages not appearing in the chat. I believe the app is not receiving them.

The issue you are talking about is something I raised sometime ago about messages not being displayed correctly. You can see the issue specially when you change the mobile orientation and it causes the message to go out of the screen or not enough height is added to display the hole message or create empty spaces appears between messages. This is a layout issue.

In regards to your issue I think message required area is not being calculated correcty.

In regards to mine, I think the app is not getting updated. not receiving the latest messages. If you are using websockets it is possible the server already sent the message but the app wasn’t active to receive it.

Cheers

Another scenario with missing messages.

iPad:

iPhone:

@RbDev I’ve asked our QAs to help test this as well.