Hey @danilvoe! Great question.
We’ve been working on the following items in recent releases:
- v4.10: Added better plugin error handling and reporting. Extended our developer documentation to cover integrations https://developers.mattermost.com/integrate/getting-started/
- v4.9: Added more flexibility to format text, emojis and Markdown, as well as support for plugins to add actions to the Mattermost Main Menu dropdown.
- v4.8: Extended our plugin documentation at https://developers.mattermost.com/extend/plugins/
Here are some upcoming changes we’re planning on:
Ability for plugins to intercept, modify or reject messages before they’re written to the database (PR #8791). This supports the following:
- Plugins see every post going into the system, including system messages (with some exceptions)
- Plugins can reject/modify any post before it reaches the DB, including system messages. Supports things like profanity filters. Example here: https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-plugin-profanity-filter/blob/master/server/plugin.go
- Plugins can modify any field on the post object. This includes doing interesting things like setting CreateAt to 5 minutes from now or 5 years ago.
Summer 2018 (subject to change)
- Release a pre-built Gfycat plugin across desktop and mobile
- Add updating user statuses to the plugin API
- Sample use case: Automatically update user status in Mattermost based on your meeting calendar in Gmail or Outlook/Exchange
- Add support for plugins to add options in the […] post dropdown menu
- Sample use case: Report inappropriate post via the […] post dropdown menu
- Add support to customize file upload icon
- Sample use case: Upload files from Google Drive or OneDrive via the file upload icon
- Enhance webhook interactive message capabilities through (currently supports interactive buttons)
- Message menus
- Forms and dialogs