Mattermost, Inc.

Manage return from away preferences?

Hi,

I’m trying to manage auto-away manually. I was able to accomplish this without issue previously by setting my status; when I’d return from an extended period or re-open the app, it would ask me if I wanted to set my status as Online or keep it as it was. I somehow mistakenly dismissed the prompt and told it not to ask me anymore, and now the app is managing the status for me, which I don’t want.

I’ve tried uninstalling the app and re-installing the app to no avail. How do I fix this?

Hello, @uhnaw

May I know which version of Mattermost desktop app as well as the operating system you are running on?

• If you are on Mac OS, may I suggest you to use AppCleaner to completely remove the app including the files?
  • If you are on Windows, please check the C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\mattermost folder and remove any remaining files there.
  • If you are on Linux, we need to check which distro you are on to determine the full steps to completely remove the files from the system.

Since you mentioned that you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the help but the prompt is not appearing anymore, there might be some remnants of files that is still storing the preference you saved.

Thanks for the reply!

I’m on Catalina, and have tried using AppCleaner. I’ve also tried to install the application in the user application folder as opposed to the system application folder and the issue remains.

Hi, @uhnaw

Got it. I have reached out to the desktop team to clarify on the steps to restore the prompt. I will keep you posted as soon as I get an update from them. Thanks.

Has there been any update?

Thank you either way!

Hello, @uhnaw

No updates yet but I will share them once I hear from the team. Stay tuned for now.