July 26 - August 6
Mattermost is having its first product documentation-focused hackathon!
This is a great event for folks who want to start contributing more to Mattermost, but who might find traditional hackathons too intimidating or too catered to certain developer skillsets. We welcome all improvements to our documentation – from identifying areas that could be more clearly defined, to providing screenshots or video walkthroughs, to even just finding typos or broken links. We have existing issues you can pull from, with some categorized from easy to medium, and even some that are tagged “Good First Issue”!
- Join our Docathon 2021 Mattermost Channel.
- Choose a way to contribute. Bring your own idea or take on an existing docs ticket in GitHub.
- Sign the Mattermost Contributor Agreement if you haven’t already done so.
- Review our Documentation Style Guide and our documentation contribution guidelines in the Mattermost Handbook.
- When you’re ready to submit your contribution, create PRs against the mattermost/docs GitHub repository and include Docathon 2021 in your title.
All participants (i.e. those who contribute a valid submission) will receive a Mattermost moleskin notebook and pen set.
5+ merged PRs will make you eligible for Technical Writing LinkedIn and/or GitHub endorsements and recommendations from some of our professional tech writers and product managers – great for those trying to expand their professional network!
The top 5 submissions will receive a pair of our limited-edition Mattermost AirPod pros!
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!