NOTE: Spaces intentionally added to URLs below to allow posting.
JIRA is throwing error 502 when attempting to use the Webhook to send a message to Mattermost
Steps to reproduce
How can we reproduce the issue (what version are you using?)
Mattermost Enterprise Edition 4.8.0
- Followed instructions at https://docs.mattermost.com/integrations/jira.html to configure JIRA plugin and webhook.
- Webhook URL looks like: http: // mattermost. ourdomain. com:8065/plugins/jira/webhook?secret=3i0ng9sZjahOXDcz7ZY4XO9wtS5tLY71&team=test&channel=notifications (We have an Apache proxy in place, so also tried with https: // mattermost. ourdomain. com / - same result)
- Created JIRA which triggers webhook
Notification should be posted to the specified Mattermost channel
Notification is not posted. In the JIRA Catalina log, we see the following message:
2018-05-30 09:27:26,900 httpclient-callbacks:thread-6 WARN anonymous [c.a.webhooks.plugin.PublishTaskFactoryImpl$PublishTaskImpl] Server error - 502 when posting to web hook at 'http :// mattermost. ourdomain. com : 8065/plugins/jira/webhook?secret=3i0ng9sZjahOXDcz7ZY4XO9wtS5tLY71&team=test&channel=notifications'
Nothing is logged on the Mattermost side.
Same error if going to https on 443 through Apache proxy
What we have tried
- two different JIRA instances
- restarting Mattermost
- activating/deactivating JIRA plugin
- regenerating secret key
- curl command to Mattermost URLs from JIRA servers connects successfully