It is very sad to see an app like that performing so pourly. Using it feels like using a limited browser and it should be far from that since it’s a native app.
- The app struggles to handle wireless connections issues. “connecting” “connected” “pull to update”.
- It takes time to display messages.
- It is always “loading”.
- The updates are not fluid. The screen is always blinking.
- Lack many features available in the browser.
- Asking for user intervention whenever there is an issue. “please push to reload”, “click to try again”.
Why doesn’t it behave like any other native app such as imessages or skype or whatapp or hipchat or slack? The app doesn’t feel solid.
MM iOS native app is crude and it’s been many months without any major improvement.
I think its time for you guys to seat down and rethink the hole thing.
Look into your competition and compare with your current app.
Plan what needs to be achieved and design a solid app’s core to be able to handle it.
Let the app get the message data, save it locally and handle them as required. Layout and other features.
Develop a smart app. If disconnects display a notification but as soon as it reconnects, resume activities on its own.
Queue users commands in the app like sending or modifying messages and execute them when possible.
I’m here if you need input/feedback.