Image duplicated in data/ folder after unsuccessful upload attempts

I have tried several times to upload an image from the mobile app… then from the web app on my laptop, with no success.

I finally reduced the size of the image until it eventually worked. Then, 1 message appeared in the channel, containing the correct image.

However, on the server side, CPU was still clogged with mattermost binary activity until I restarted the service. And the data/ folder contains 17 copies of the image.

I am almost sure that all these copies are not necessary.

How do I cleanup / garbage collect the data/ folder on the server side?

Why was this upload so difficult (image was big – 5Mo, but that’s not this big)?

How do I configure the server (or clients?) so that images are automatically reduced before upload?

This is it, thank you for support :slight_smile:

I believe that your issue may be stemming from the maximum file upload size in your server’s php.ini file being too small. This would prevent a file (such as an image) from being uploaded in whole because the PHP configuration file would order the file to cease upload once it reached the max allowed size.

@XxLilBoPeepsxX Thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

Well, I can’t manage to locate this php.ini file, but I doubt it could be the source of the problem.

If the server prevented the 5Mb file from being uploaded, then I wouldn’t have multiple copies of the 5Mb files appearing on the server’s data/ folder.

I suspect the problem is mattermost struggling to process the picture once correctly uploaded to data/, for a reason I don’t understand :\ But do you have another idea? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that you may be able to get some assistance from this forum thread from a while ago. Check this out, and let me know if this helps at all!

“Processing” during image upload