While the Bulk Export functionality on Mattermost Server only allow System Administrator to export the entire set of information of every channel, we need to have a way to export a single channel only too.
Utilize the Mattermost Channel Export Plugin.
Take note that you need the E20 license and you need to have at least Mattermost 5.12+ running to make this work.
- Download the compatible .tar.gz file from the plugin repository.
- After ensuring that
"EnableUploads": trueflag is set in
config.json, upload the plugin through System Console > Plugin Management
- Enable the plugin and ensure that it is running:
- From the channel that you want to export the information from, type
- The following confirmation is displayed on the screen:
- The channelexportbot will send you a DM once the export is ready (CSV format):
- The format of the data exported by the .csv is listed below:
|Post CreationTime|User Id|User Email|User Type|User Name|Post Id|Parent Post Id|Post Message|Post Type|