Help test Mattermost’s Apps
We’re excited to announce the launch of our Quality Assurance Contributors program!
Not all contributors are developers so, if you like breaking software, have a keen eye for UI-related bugs and want to help report your findings, here’s how you can make an impact:
1. Join our Contributors server where you can interact with our team as well as other contributors
- Any questions? Post a message in the ~QA: Contributors channel at-mentioning @lindy.isherwood and she’ll gladly assist!
2. Review the repository, https://github.com/mattermost/quality-assurance, for open issues detailing test assignments as well as exploratory or feature testing you can do
- Any questions? Add a comment to the issue, mention @lindy65 and she’ll respond to you as soon as possible. Alternatively, message her in the ~QA: Contributors channel on the Contributors server in 1) above.
|Level 1 - Fan||Someone who has participated in exploratory, release or feature testing and completed valid and detailed feedback||Stickers / Socks|
|Level 2 - Champion||Someone who, apart from participating in testing, also gets involved on the community server and forum (answering questions, reproducing bug reports, etc) as well as contributing to QA documentation||QA mug|
|Level 3 - Guru||Someone who has surpassed level 2 and who we are considering as a core QA contributor (similar to how we award dev contributors with “core contributor” status)||QA
In addition, anyone who reports a valid bug that is not a known issue, will receive a Bug Hunter coin.
How the issues are categorized:
- This is where testers explore the software (can be on webapp, mobile apps or desktop app) and give feedback on anything they think doesn’t make sense or is difficult to navigate or understand. You can download the desktop and mobile apps here: https://mattermost.com/download/#mattermostApps
- Exploratory testing assignments are located here: https://github.com/mattermost/quality-assurance/issues/2
Feature testing (ad-hoc)
- Pre-production features, or features already in production are tested from a feature spec
- When available, feature testing assignments will be located here: https://github.com/mattermost/quality-assurance/issues
- The GitHub issue will be clearly headed “Pre-production / Production Feature testing” and will include instructions and a spreadsheet for your feedback.
- We test the software on the release branch approximately 2 weeks before release (monthly on the 16th) so we can report any bugs.
- When available, release testing assignments will be located here: https://github.com/mattermost/quality-assurance/issues
- The GitHub issue will be clearly headed “Release testing” and will include instructions and a spreadsheet for your feedback.