Get team invite link option not available

Summary

Get team invite link option not available when Enable Account creation is set to false

Steps to reproduce

In system console I set Enable Account creation to false. My login method is via SAML.
In team navigation menu i do not see the Get team invite link.

Expected behavior

Show the Get team invite link option in navigation menu

Observed behavior

In system console I set Enable Account creation to false. My login method is via SAML.
In team navigation menu i do not see the Get team invite link.

Hi @udayathreya, thank you for reaching out.

I believe this is expected - the Get Team Invite link is used for account creation, so if you have Enable Account Creation set to false, then Get Team Invite link is disabled. Does this help?

Hi Amy,
How do i invite other users to my team invite if account creation is disabled?

Regards,
Uday

Hi @udayathreya!

You can invite existing users to your team by using the “Add Members to Team” link in the Main Menu. Let me know if this helps?

Our users prefer a team invite link which they can mail out to any users they need to join. Also it is tedious to add individual email and invite users in mattermost

@udayathreya

For public teams, there are these options:

1. You could share (via email or in a channel) a link to any channel in a team where you want to add people to, and they will be automatically joined to the team when they click the link.
  2. On the left-hand side people can click the “+” sign to easily join any open teams.

For private teams, I don’t think there is currently a way to invite people except manually.

Other than this, I don’t think we currently have a way to send a team invite email - would you like to help open a Feature Request for this and upvote it: https://mattermost.uservoice.com/forums/306457-general?