Hi everyone !
I’m quite new here, I’ve just installed mattermost and it looks very cool but it feel like it lack of something …
I’m a bit confused with the user management. I’ll explain what I’ve understand so far and correct me please !
There 4 types of account :
1. System user 2. Team leader 3. User 4. Inactive
Those have different rights but I doesn’t feel right …
create their own account / invite other.
change their name
change their email
do admin/teamleader stuff
change the name of their team
edit team settings
manage member of their team
change the URL of their team
manage the features of the service itself
change right on user in the different teams
list every user
change name and the URL of a team
add/remove user in a team
edit user profile (mail, name, …)
- So everyone can create teams (unlimited ?) and user (the present verification mail is meaningless : no key/password/… )
- If you enable the user/team creation. it’s not possible to enable it only for admin/teamleader ?
- It’s not possible to delete user or team or even rename completely the team (URL)
- The system admin can only manage his group and he doesn’t have the power to manage team (only change type of account)
It could be interesting to implement a space to manage/add/delete account in the system panel
what about this : https://mattermost.atlassian.net/browse/PLT-975
Thanks all !!