Does Mattermost have testing except public automated ones? i.e. How to persuade my manager Mattermost is bug-free?

Hi, I want to persuade my manager into using Mattermost. However, he asked: How does Mattermost ensure its code quality? How does it ensure bug-free?

I do have checked the open source code and see some tests inside the repository. So I wonder whether that is the whole story, or whether Mattermost have some hidden tests that is not visible in GitHub? Or mattermost has some manual tests (e.g. a tester works everyday to test the product)?

How should I answer my manager?

Hi @fzyzcjy excellent question!

Here is an outline our release process along with key testing phases of each of our releases in this blog: How our remote team ships Mattermost like clockwork

The release process includes a mix of automated and manual testing carried out each month to ensure a high quality, stable release.

We are also working on a full QA test automation of the core features of the platform, including an end-to-end testing hackathon currently on-going with our community: E2E Test Automation Hackathon (May 3 - 31)

Finally, we also support an Extended Support Release (ESR), which is intended for organizations who value stability over having the newest features and improvements, or who have a long internal testing and certification process to undergo when upgrading.

Hopefully this is helpful! If you have any further questions, I’d be happy to help clarify!

Jason

1 Like