Does it scale for a large company?

Hi @it33

Just using tech that’s been built by Google and Facebook doesn’t make a solution scalable. Mattermost uses Go. Perfect! One of the reasons, I would like to use Mattermost. But rest of the techstack doesn’t seem to be built for scale (we are talking a million users as a minimum). Mattermost uses MySQL or Postgres as datastore. There is no usage of cache. In fact, usage of Redis was removed and the reason given (by you) for it’s removal Is Redis still used? didnot make sense to me. Other than Go, all of the above would constraint me in order to scale operations and make it quite expensive to keep adding mysql servers.

I would also like to mention that I am not interested in using an ‘enterprise’ version as a solution to scale, which would defeat the purpose of using an open source solution. For enterprise I would simply use Slack or hipchat.

As it stands, Mattermost fundamentally is constrainted for scaling. I have another question open which I hope someone from Mattermost will answer Scaling Mattermost for SaaS