Default channel after login

Hi, it would be nice if a user could configure which channel opens directly after login.

Hello again, @ateuber

Allow me to understand the suggestion that you have here. Are you referring to having a specific default channel that opens up when you login OR are you referring to having several channels open regardless of the state of the session that you were in (for example, you close all the channels before logging out and when you log in again, these set of channels are automatically joined again)?

It will be awesome if you can provide more context on this. Thanks!

Thanks for your reply. I’m referring to having a specific default channel that opens up when you login.

Hi there, @ateuber

In this case, I believe that we do not have a feature that always have a channel defaulted to an account whenever the user logs in. For example:

• User sets channel A as the default channel whenever user logs in
  • User was in the channel B before the user logs out
  • User logs in again and shown with channel A since it is the default channel

The behavior that Mattermost currently have is that it will remember the last channel the user was in before the log out as mentioned in the article here.

May I know the use case of having the default channel after login? Perhaps you can provide some more information to this before I proceed to raise a suggestion in the Mattermost Forum?