Create a plugin to change the format of the usernames

Hello,
On my company, we have a kind of strange rule about username. If your name is “Jon Smith", so your username will be “JSH”: The first letter of the first name, the first letter of the last name, and the last letter of the last name.

So on Mattermost, everybody do have this kind of 3-Letters name. That’s a company thing. I don’t like it, but I can’t change it. However, to make everything more clear and more confortable to use, I would like to show the First name & Last name of the users instead of their username, there is an option for that in the admin console but it seem not working (Or, I didn’t understood what it does).

I would like to write a plugin which change the way the usernames are displayed on the Mattermost Web Application: Instead to show only the username, I would like to show: “{username} - {fullname}”; for example: “JHS - John Smith”.

I would like to do this in the “Sidebar: Private Messages” of Mattermost, and in the tchat messages usernames themselves.

Is it possible to achieve this with a plugin? I’m new here, I never made plugins for Mattermost but I wish to learn. If you have any idea how to do this, it will help me a lot.

Thank you very much :+1:.