Mattermost Plugin Bounty Program
Mattermost has launched a plugin bounty program to work with our integrations community to create highly-requested plugins for:
The bounty for each plugin is $2,000, plus an exclusive Mattermost swag bag! The period for submissions is September 1 - October 31, 2020.
If you’re interested joining the program:
- Sign in to https://community.mattermost.com, join the Contributors team and direct message @jason.blais, or
- Email jason[at]mattermost.com with the subject “Mattermost Plugin Bounty Program”
To be eligible for the cash prize, please complete the following before submitting your plugin:
- Contributor License Agreement (CLA) - you have completed this if you’ve contributed to Mattermost before
- Signed acknowledgement of the eligibility requirements and rules of the Bounty Program as described in this issue.
- Banking information form - allows our finance department to verify we are able to send the prize to you. Eligibility is limited to countries we can pay the bounty to. Wires to notable banks are preferred, but other options exist.
- Vendor information form - this lets us easily contact you if we have any questions, and also allows us to send you a swag bag. Notes:
- You will need to submit a W-9 (for US based participants) or W-8BEN (for non-US based participants)
- Please mark “N/A” for the question “What is your federal tax classification” if you are a non-US based
- For banking information, please put “N/A” in the field for ABA Routing Number if you don’t have one. If your bank has a specific BIC/Swift Code then this should be entered in the Swift Code field.
Moreover, submissions must meet the criteria specified in “Open Projects” section below. If you have any questions about eligibility, sign in to https://community.mattermost.com, join the Contributors team and direct message @jason.blais, or email jason[at]mattermost.com with the subject “Mattermost Plugin Bounty Program”.
Paid staff or hiring candidates on a paid audition are not eligible to participate in this bounty program.
Multiple submissions are considered on a first-come first-served basis. If the first submission meets the bounty criteria, the first submission receives the bounty.
If multiple people are interested in working on the same integration, we encourage people to work together. The bounty is allocated equally to all contributors. However, Mattermost reserves the right to split the bounty unequally, for instance, when one of the contributors completed the majority of the work.
At all times, Mattermost reserves the right to decide if a submission receives a bounty, but we aim to set clear expectations and strive for transparency and fairness throughout the process.
To submit your entry for a bounty
- Publish it in a GitHub repository licensed under Apache 2.0 or MIT
- Share the link via
- direct message to @jason.blais in https://community.mattermost.com, or
- email to jason[at]mattermost.com with the subject “Mattermost Plugin Bounty Program”
Mattermost may ask you to transfer the repository under the Mattermost · GitHub organization for long-term maintenance. If so, we’ll take steps to ensure you are credited for your work and recognized as the original creator. For an example project transferred to Mattermost, see GitHub - mattermost/desktop: Mattermost Desktop application for Windows, Mac and Linux.
If selected, you agree to abide by all state and local taxes of your country/region and Mattermost is not responsible for assessing such matters for you. Moreover, if you are a prize winner based in the US, we are required by the IRS to issue a 1099 form for money or prizes earned greater than $600 in any given calendar year.
Submissions accepted September 1 - October 31, 2020.