[Solved] panic: Failed to load system translations

Trying to use the cli tool in the gitlab omnibus installation and I am getting the following error:

$ /opt/gitlab/embedded/bin/mattermost -config /var/opt/gitlab/mattermost/config.json -permanent_delete_team -team_name="team012"

panic: Failed to load system translations for 'en'

goroutine 1 [running]:
github.com/mattermost/platform/utils.GetTranslationsBySystemLocale(0xc8201c67a3)
        /go/src/github.com/mattermost/platform/utils/i18n.go:44 +0x19a
github.com/mattermost/platform/utils.InitTranslations()
        /go/src/github.com/mattermost/platform/utils/i18n.go:29 +0x2e9
main.main()
        /go/src/github.com/mattermost/platform/mattermost.go:55 +0x48

goroutine 17 [syscall, locked to thread]:
runtime.goexit()
        /usr/local/go/src/runtime/asm_amd64.s:1696 +0x1

goroutine 5 [syscall]:
os/signal.loop()
        /usr/local/go/src/os/signal/signal_unix.go:22 +0x18
created by os/signal.init.1
        /usr/local/go/src/os/signal/signal_unix.go:28 +0x37

goroutine 8 [runnable]:
github.com/alecthomas/log4go.NewFileLogWriter.func1(0xc820129e00)
        /go/src/github.com/mattermost/platform/Godeps/_workspace/src/github.com/alecthomas/log4go/filelog.go:78
created by github.com/alecthomas/log4go.NewFileLogWriter
        /go/src/github.com/mattermost/platform/Godeps/_workspace/src/github.com/alecthomas/log4go/filelog.go:119 +0x38b

Trying to delete extra temas made while troubleshooting a certificate error

1 Like

Thanks for the report! Confirmed bug from localization push, and this should be fixed in next release.

Im sorry but is there a workaround to this right now, this is hugely frustrating since i need to delete teams and its impossible to do so from the webinterface…

@GoozeyX yes there is workaround for that … you can download the en.json file from https://github.com/mattermost/platform/blob/master/i18n/en.json and run the platform command again.
The platform command for whatever reason searches for the en.json file in the current directory.

@it33 Probably it is a good idea to put the i18n search path information in the config and then initializing the locales after the configuration was loaded.

BR cyball :wink:

Thanks @cyball! Very much appreciated. Would you be open to making a pull request to help us improve?

Hey @it33,

there is a new version which fix that:

you should get one of the v2.1.0-rcX ones.

BR cyball :slight_smile:

FYI, release are being moved from GitHub to releases.mattermost.com, where we’ll be hosting downloads for multiple Mattermost projects in one place over time.

The upgrade guide has step-by-step instructions for upgrading to new versions. This issue should be fixed in Mattermost v2.1.0 and higher.