I am trying to check out the possibility of using Mattermost Team version + BigBlueButton to implement a collaboration function in my application. My application is a Middleman marketplace Freemium-model application that connects Users to other Users in different Companies, and would have 2 types of teams:
- Organization-level teams. There would be multiple organizations (typically, = Companies) within the Application Userbase, & each Organization may have 1 or more Users.
- Project-level teams. There would be multiple projects in the system, and each Project would include Users that belong to multiple Organization-level teams. Each Project-level team would have at least 2 Users, who may or may not belong to the same Organization.
The application has to support 1-1 & Group chats, 1-1 & Group Audio/ Video meetings, and File-sharing.
I understand from BigBlueButton documentation (https://github.com/blindsidenetworks/mattermost-plugin-bigbluebutton#usage) that BigBlueButton uses Channels to hold meetings.
Here, my first question is:
- Is there any approach by which we can use Teams to hold meetings in BigBlueButton (instead of Channels)?
Also, in the Mattermost context, I have a few questions:
2. Can Mattermost Channels be setup in the Mattermost Team version? The reason I am asking this is: Mattermost documentation states that a “Channel Admin” role is available only in Version E10 and above (https://docs.mattermost.com/help/getting-started/managing-members.html#channel-admin)
3. If Channels can be set up in the Team version, will the administration be handled by the Mattermost System Admin role ? If not, how would this be handled?
4. Does Mattermost support multi-level Channels ? Would this be supported in the Mattermost Team version ?
5. Would it be recommended to deploy a single Team across the entire User base in my application, and then define multiple channels for the various Organization-level groups and/or Project-level groups?
6. In the above scenario, can we have Users belonging to multiple channels at the same time? Is this doable in the Mattermost Team version ?