Channel guests from other teams

hi guys,
is it possible to invite members for other teams to a channel as guests?
When I try that the UI tells me that this person is already a member, even though he is not member of theat team.

Hope that somebody can help me.

best

A guest is a system wide role so a person cannot be a member on one team and a guest on another team. Let me know if I’ve misunderstood your question.

so a person who is registered as a member for one team can only have full access to another team or no access at all?
our instance serves several independent workgroups that need closed off mattermost-teams, but controlled interaction between teams would be interesting

Hello, @mathse

In regards to the question that you have here:

A registered member in Mattermost can be a members in multiple teams as long as they are granted access to it. For example:

• User ahmad.danial@mattermost.com is created and granted access to team Stussy

• At the same time, ahmad.danial@mattermost.com can also join other public teams such as Supreme and Undefeated:

They will have the same permission as members across all the teams that they are a member of. If you are using E20 offering, you will have the ability to tailor the advanced permission across different teams based on Team Override Schemes.

If you are not using it already, I highly recommend you to check it out and see if it fits the business requirement that you have on your end.