The AD/LDAP Synchronize Now process does not get completed from the UI.
- Mattermost Server 5.27.0.
- LDAP Server.
- CentOS 8
firewalldconfigured on Mattermost level.
- Running the
ldapsearchcommand pulls the right information of the directory.
- No errors shown in the UI to indicate if the synchronization is still ongoing or not.
- No errors shown in the
mattermost.logthat specifically points to the LDAP synchronization process.
- When the LDAP user attempts to log in, the user was able to authenticate successfully even though the UI still shows that the synchronization is in the Pending status.
The firewall configured on the Mattermost server was blocking the communication between the LDAP and Mattermost server.
- Once the firewall is disabled, the sync completed.
- Set a rule to allow all communication to happen on all ports between Mattermost and the LDAP server.
sudo firewall-cmd --zone=trusted --add-source=<ldap_server_ip_address> --permanent && sudo firewall-cmd --reload && firewall-cmd --get-active-zone