Mattermost, Inc.

A staff member will review your post soon, and it should appear shortly, really?

Dear Mods,

Akismet may be helping to prevent spam from making its way onto this forum, but as I’ve just discovered trying to post my first request for help here, and then 18hrs later on Bitnami’s forum, the Akismet message, “A staff member will review your post soon, and it should appear shortly.”, is clearly a ‘default message’ and does not accurately reflect this forums real-world operation and performance.

Might I suggest altering Akismet’s default message to more accurately reflect the forums real-world operation and performance. Perhaps, “Our staff might check the spam folder once in a while, but don’t hold your breath” or maybe “It’s unlikely your message will be reviewed, we don’t normally look in the spam folder, we recommend you seek help elsewhere” or well…

This isn’t a complaint, I am only asking that the forum moderators be forthright in their messaging, because forum users are left to wait and watch hours or days slip by without knowing if their post will ever be seen.

Thank you,

Hi @ljmarent, you might have to contact the Discourse team about this.